Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Giorgia Arrives

So, the day began with us getting up for breakfast and heading our for a Chinese Massage. Me, Chrissy and Karen all went and it was FANTASTIC. It was at times slightly painful but in a good way. One hour massage cost $17 US Dollars. I figured this might be the last chance to pamper myself for a while. Then we quickly roamed the streets to find a loaner stroller. It is very common for the stores to do this. The American families tend to spend more money in their shops when they do this. They are big on honor system. I did not even give them my name...just walked in off the street and asked to borrow! That would never happen in US!
Then we headed back to the hotel to prepare for the big event. Packed diaper bag, got cameras and video, passports and paperwork, donation, gifts and of course tissues! I was fine the whole time... Sometimes internalizing things pays off. Then we go up to like the thirteenth floor, I think. Donna and Joe had to wait for the next elevator...next thing I know Donna is running towards me frantically says "I saw Giorgia...she is here...I saw them when we were waiting for the elevator...OMG...Giorgia is here...I took photos" At this point, Donna is freaking, Chrissy is crying and I am to and I am now afraid my heart might pound through my chest. Donna says "I've got pictures, want to see?" I said no, I wanted to wait til they handed her to me. Okay so that lasted all of 30 seconds and I was like "Let me see my baby" And this is what I saw...




11 comments:

Kim said...

Adorable!

Peta-maree said...

She looks so carm just looking around and taking it all in. She is sooooo cute.

What size clothing is she in?

mskajlc said...

Awww!!!!

Anonymous said...

How great for you, but how wonderful for her. She is going to have a great life with you!! Congrats!

Jacquie said...

Ok, so I wanna know what you did when you saw the pictures on Donna's camera! Did your heart stop?

Angela said...

ooooh my goodness ~ that is wonderful!! an't wait to hear the rest...

hugs, Angela & Ella xox

the mommy said...

So sweet .....I love this memory

Ron said...

I know that building well where you received. That is the same place we got Jensen.

We did that stroller borrow thing as well at Jennifer's.

Catherine said...

How neat to have these last pics of just prior to her being placed in your arms. What a gift they will be to her in the future to see one of the nannies that cared for her and loved her prior to you becoming a family. Precious gifts for sure!

Allie, Katie and Harper's Mom said...

What beautiful pics and your
Daughter is just precious as
can be. I cant wait to follow
the rest of your journey!!!

Many Hugs,

Sindy

Anonymous said...

Priceless pictures...

Related Posts with Thumbnails