Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

How the "CALL" goes down...

My agency does not call me and let me know if I made the cutoff ahead of time. So what likely will happen is I will begin to see others getting calls by watching blogs and Rumor Queen then at some point likely next week my cell phone will ring with a caller id of my agency name...at that point all bets are off I may just pass out. You see, waiting since 2005 is not helping with the denial. I haven't fully decided but I might choose NOT to answer in liu of jumping in the car, going home, getting the video camera & digital camera all set up and my call sheet out! Then I will call my agency back and find out some basic information like her name, her birth date, where she is from and other basic information. I am told that they might be able to email me a photo of my daughter right then. I might have to wait 1 -2 days to receive a Fedex package containing the original pictures of her and any information that is known. Please keep in mind some of this information is very private and really is not mine to share it will be HER STORY. Most children adopted from China are left by someone to be found (abandoned), that is somewhat a given, but the details are something I am not sure should be shared with others until Giorgia can fully understand herself and then at that point she can decide. Basically what I am saying is that any information about her finding would be kept private. With that, it should be an exciting day...hope you check back with my blog!!!

4 comments:

Markelle said...

I think you should go home and get the video camera out. The tape is priceless. We will cherish ours forever and our daughter is always be able to see just how excited we were to get the call. Congratualtions on the up coming referral.

Stacey, Mike and las cinco chicas locas said...

Stephe,
I have been following your blog for a very long time, and I am excited to see what the next week brings. We adopted a sibling set of older children in 2006, and we too were very cautious about revealing "too much" information. Having a plan in mind before hand of how you might respond is helpful, and knowing you, I'm sure you've gotten that all taken care of!

Hugs!!
Stacey

park it said...

You know - I did the same thing - shared basic stuff name age dob where she is living etc - but the rest - I never posted - nor did I even share with more than my close group of family/friends- it is her story - and private - She can share at a time she is ready...Bravo to you - and congrats on what will be an amazing day - I received my referral 10/05 - traveled Dec 05-Your time and your daughters time is coming-enjoy the ride - !
Carol & Kimberly

Shannon said...

HA!! Do you really think you can wait to call them back?!? =)
So excited for you!!!!
ps. Tell that stork to stop sightseeing!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails