Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Which One?

Canon - PowerShot
7.1MP Digital ELPH Camera - Silver

Model: SD1000 SKU: 8266164

3x optical/4x digital zoom; 2.5" TFT-LCD; DIGIC III processor; slim design; direct-print capability, 9-point autofocus with face detect and single autofocus point; digital macro mode focuses as close as 1.2"; Built-in auto flash with red-eye reduction, flash-on and flash-off modes, Rechargeable lithium-ion battery (NB-4L), Memory SD.


Sony - Cyber-shot
7.2MP Digital Camera - Silver

Model: DSC-W80 SKU: 8233681

3x optical/2x digital zoom; 2.5" color LCD monitor; Super Steady Shot picture stabilization; Face-detection technology, direct-print capability, Built-in auto flash with flash on, flash off, Lithium-ion battery NP-BG1 (included), Memory Stick DuoMemory Stick PRO Duo.

They are the same price, pretty much same mega pixel. I Need HELP!!!! SERIOUSLY!! I need everyone to vote and give me their input! Good and Bad!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

both look good. I have the second one and I love it. IM so not a good photographer but this has helped me make awesome pics!

NorasMommy said...

I have a Canon PowerShot SD900. It is my travel camera and I'm trying hard to wean myself off my beloved digital SLR. You can read a little about it here: http://journeytonora.blogspot.com/2007/02/todays-lesson-in-opposites-aka-camera.html. Most of my photos since Christmas have been taken with the "little camera" - part of my effort to learn to use it. After almost 9 months I can say that, in general, I like it. You won't take dozens of frames per second and you might miss some shots because it's a little bit slow -- but I have to think this is the case with most relatively inexpensive cameras.
The good news is that it's really easy to use, takes reliably good pictures and is teeny enough to carry around in your pocket. I would buy it again. We've had Canon cameras for years and are very brand loyal - their quality is very good, we've never been disappointed.

PinkDevora said...

Heh, just to confuse you, I have a different Canon, but like it. The model you're considering has a better zoom than the Sony, so I'd go for that one. The Sonys seemed to have been going down the drain the last few years, so we haven't been buying them at work lately, and we buy a *lot* of cameras.

Where are you buying it from? B&H has always had the best camera deals. Don't forget to check them out.

Personally, I like having a SD card over a memory stick. I've had various PDAs that could accomodate it. Depends what you have.

GGHadden said...

Stephe....I had the Sony cybershot 7.2...DON'T get it. I have also owned many Sony Cybershot cams before this one and they were all great but the 7.2 is not as easy to use. I recently took it back and exchanged it for the Fuji A900 w/ 9.0 megapic. Fantastic cam and very easy to use just like the OLD sony cybershots. The cost is around $175.00. Hope my 2 cents helps.

Anonymous said...

I'm a little late on this, but I'm a huge Sony fan. I think they do the automatic digis really well, and you can't beat the Carl Zeiss lens. Make sure that version has the steady shot feature (cause Giorgia will RUN!) and you'll be all set. I have the Sony T100.

polkadot said...

I have the Sony DSC-T100 (8.1 Mega Pixels, 5x Zoom and I get lots of compliments on my photos. When the indoor lighting is bad, I tend to take crummy photos though. The outdoor shots are amazing.

Overall, I recommend it and it's VERY small (palm size).

Good luck.

Related Posts with Thumbnails