Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Half the Sky at G's Orphanage

While searching the internet to find more about where G is right now I came across this photo. It is a real photo of the very same orphange. Please click on the photo to see the entire pdf. Page 8 is all about one family who adopted a little girl from the same orphanage years ago.
"The orphanage staff clearly cared so much for the babies there, but were also very limited in their resources and what they could do."
"The orphanage is clean but sterile and devoid of toys and playroom." This was I believe in 2001-2002.
This family has since funded an infant nurture center with the help of Half the Sky. I also believe that since then others have funded a playground, garden and a small preschool.
Note: Most cribs metal and are lined up this way. Most are only lined with straw mats. There is no heat/ac in the orphanage. The one plus is that is right on the South China Sea so heat is usually not an issue. I know that it gets hot there. It's temperatures match those of Cuba's. I did notice that most everything is tiled so that should help with the hot summer temperatures!
***I just read in another HTS update that Guangdong Provincial Civil Affairs authorities had unexpectedly withdrawn permission for HTS builds here. I am not sure if an infant nuture center was ever completed. However, I do know they DID get a playground and garden.***

3 comments:

TK said...

The HTS thing didn't go through. We did get the playground installed withing the past year or two, which is awesome!

Where did you get info on the library? I had not heard of that.

Gail said...

My daughter is from Guangdong and was adopted in Oct.02

Her orphanage was very similar to this picture.
She only had a blanket and slept on the wooden base of the crib.
No toys. Nothing.
Broke my heart to see her that way in the pictures I developed from the disposable camera I had sent.

Wishing you a speedy travel to your beauty.

Truly Blessed said...

Like TimandKim said, the HTS thing didn't go through. However, there is a beautiful new(ish) playground at YD courtesy of Raising Hope International (one of the principals in RHI is mom to a YD girl!).

Related Posts with Thumbnails