Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Bathing Beauty

I am COMPLETELY FASCINATED BY THIS and I have been wondering how many people have seen this. I have been seeing it since I started this adoption but I don't ever remember anyone posting it on thier blog. It seem just really weird to me!!


The caption with the photo read...

"China is expecting a baby boom this lunar year — the year of the pig, according to the traditional Chinese calendar. Here, a newborn bathes at a maternity hospital in Shanghai, where it's believed swimming with the aid of a rubber ring calms the babies. "

Three infants swim in a baby health center in Huangshi, Central China's Hubei Province February 7, 2006. Swimming is conducive to the development of babies' body systems and gets increasingly popular among young parents. [newsphoto]

(above) BEIJING, CHINA - MARCH 16: A baby undergoes swim training at the Obstetrics and Gynecology Department of Youyi Hospital on March 16, 2007 in Beijing, China. Maternity wards in hospitals are hectic as many women attempt to have babies during the golden pig year of the Chinese lunar calendar. City officials uneasy that this baby boom will cause in the future generational social problems, such as over-crowding in schools and job markets.


(above) BEIJING, CHINA - MARCH 16: A nurse helps a baby undergo swim training at the Obstetrics and Gynecology Department of Youyi Hospital on March 16, 2007 in Beijing, China. Maternity wards in hospitals are hectic as many women attempt to have babies during the golden pig year of the Chinese lunar calendar. City officials uneasy that this baby boom will cause in the future generational social problems, such as over-crowding in schools and job markets.

9 comments:

Joy said...

This looks really weird. This can't be good for their necks! I wonder who came up with this?

Joy

Anonymous said...

"maternity hospital in Shanghai, where it's believed swimming with the aid of a rubber ring calms the babies" ....
They don't look CALM too me!

Nona
www.babysites.com/sites/mccormick2/

Billy and Maggie said...

My thoughts...
The babies look like they are hanging from their necks! Actually they are, while the rest of their body dangles underwater...My thoughts, very uncomfortable for the babies physically, very uncomfortable for me mentally.

Snickerdoodle said...

Yep, my dd2's swi did this will all the babies, and the pictures are adorable!! Once you get used to the idea, of course!! First time I saw the photos, I nearly screamed!!!

Snick
dd Sunshine 7 1/2 Viet Nam
dd Brilliance 2 1/2 China

the mommy said...

I have seen this before too and I think it looks creepy..LOL poor little babies. It freaks me out every time I see it...

Twice Blessed China Mom said...

Stephe, I will ask Dikun, our Chinese aupair about this. She showed me a picture of her niece in a little pool like the babies are in, but the baby didn't have the little ring. Interesting!
Jeana

MacMui Mom said...

A bit freaky for me. How odd to having babies in pools with lots of new parents in the same room. Just say NO is all I can think of.

Hope we hear from you soon and can get together!

Lisa and Mia

Global Girl said...

I saw this in a hospital in Dongguan. It was so bizzare!

Wanda, Geoff and Lexi said...

Weird... just weird. I'm thinking some serious therapy for fear of water in the future. Weird. Poor babies.

Related Posts with Thumbnails