Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

"I.C.E."

"I.C.E." (In Case of Emergency) Campaign. The concept of "ICE" is catching on quickly. It is a method of contact during emergency situations. As more people carry cell phones, all you need to do is store the number of a contact person or persons who should be contacted during emergency under the name "ICE" (In Case Of Emergency). The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when he went to the scenes of accidents, there were always mobile phones with patients, but they didn't know which number to call. Therefore, he thought that it would be a good idea if there was a nationally recognized name for this purpose. In an emergency situation, emergency service personnel and hospital staff would be able to quickly contact the right person by simply dialing the number you have stored as "ICE." For more than one contact name, simply enter ICE1, ICE2 and ICE3, etc. Be sure it's in your kids' cell phones also. It's a great idea that will make a difference! Michelle in DE

1 comment:

kitchu said...

Stephe...
I never realized who you were and I just read your APC post and was amazed as I feel pretty much the same!! I'm going to save you to bloglines and read through some old entries. I followed you a long time ago and lost track of you, so I'm glad you posted that link. It was an inspiration what you shared with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails