Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Books

I'm creating a book list for myself and my fellow adopters. I'm looking for recommendations for any great books having to do with China, China Adoption, Attachment & Bonding, New mom, Parenting, and cute kid books. Pretty much anything goes. This list will be a work in progress and I've linked it to my Links on the right. Please leave any recommendations in my comment section. Thanks. Stephe

I have a large list already started but don't know where I put it... more to come...
ADOPTION
"All About Adoption: How Families are Made & How Kids Feel About It"
By: Marc Nemiroff and Jane Annunziata, illustrated by Carol Koeller

LIFE IN CHINA

Wild Swans by Jung Chung - life in China in during Mao's rule (Sharon)
Red Azalea by Ancee Min - life in China in during Mao's rule (Sharon)
Daughter Of The River by Hong Ying – Bernadette (see comment section)


PARENTING

When Mama Comes Home Tonight by Eileen Spinelli - recommended on SAC
I Love You Rituals by Becky A. Bailey - recommended on SAC
Families Are Forever – Bernadette (see comment section)

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Hey Stephe! I love checking out your blog.

I've read Wild Swans by Jung Chung and Red Azalea by Ancee Min. Both give a nice overview of life in China in during Mao Zedong's rule.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

There's a yahoo group called:
China_Adoption_Library that has a great list, and actually everyone contributes their reviews on books introduced to the group.

Evelyn

Anonymous said...

Daughter Of The River by Hong Ying is an excellent book. It is an autobiography written by a woman born in 1962 (same year as me so it really gave me perspective on her living conditions). She lived in Chongqing, where my daughter is from, so it was very meaningful to me.
Bernadette

Anonymous said...

For children, Families Are Forever is a wonderful book (the story is told by the child of a single mom). Makes me cry every time :)
Bernadette

Related Posts with Thumbnails