Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

M Adopts Part 2

"Anonymous said...
just randomed by. You are missing a few crucial facts. The child HAS a family, his father is alive and aware of his whereabouts, his extended family visited the child regularily in the orphanage. Malawi does not allow international adoption - the normal criteria is that people have to have been resident in the country for one year. She has circumnavigated all of the normal procedures, and thats what is annoying everyone. The money she will spend on this one child could be spent better. Perhaps had she adopted a true orphan there would have been less of a hoo hah. I'm not adopting, nor planning to adopt, nor give two figs for Madonna, I just thought I ought to put you more in the picture. (oh and I also don't have a blog sorry. "
Stephe says...
Dear anonymous, first off, why won't you post your name. I hear what you are saying but I have to disagree...

I think you are obviously missing a few crucial facts. You say Malawi does not allow international adoption unless you reside in the country for a year. That's funny...I know of one that just happened!!! "She DIDN'T circumnavigate" the system, Malawi allowed her to adopt. Maybe it's Malawi that you should have a problem with.
Oh, and if there is such an extended family who regularily visits the orphange, couldn't one of them have taken the child.

It's a complicated issue when parents abandon their children or "leave" them and I'm not judging their reasons. But I do know that it's complicated. Doesn't this little boy deserve a family that will never "leave" him, love and take care of him?

Lastly, which I know will tweak people...

Money and Status does come with priveledges. Hell, isn't it the American way! (actually, it seems to be the way of the world) I don't have money nor status but I know a few that do and you know what, they are just like me with a few extra perks.

Listen, all you out their adopting from Wherever, let say you hit the lottery tomorrow, say 214 Million dollars. Your agency then calls you and says that they are now offering to "expedited" your paperwork for $10,000. Would you do it?

I know I would, but some of you would say, "Oh no, my goodness, I would never want to jump a head of all these waiting parents, I'll just let my little girl wait for me in an orphanage until it's my turn. (maybe 10 more months)" Okay...sure! Not me. I'd jump on the first plane out and scoop her up!
Just something to think about!

3 comments:

Jacquie said...

Don't you just love how "those" kinds of commments are always anonymous?

Michelle said...

I don't think the anonymous commenter was being disrespectful to this blog owner, (s)he was simply stating their opinions of the case.

Stephe said...

Michelle, I don't think the "anonymous commenter" was being disrespectful and that is why I DID post her comment. Anonymous and I obviously disagree and were both voicing our opinions. I do however feel that if one wants to oppose those views on a blog, they sould sign their name.

All posts I find disrespectful will be deleted.

Thanks Michelle, I do agree with what you said.

Stephe

Related Posts with Thumbnails