Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Ellen Burstyn

So I’m at work listening to “The View” on the radio and Ellen Burstyn is on.

She wrote a book and was talking about how something she had done in her past had caused her to be infertile. The View girls were voicing their sympathies but Ellen was like, no don’t, because it brought me to my son. (adopted) She told of how, in the beginning, she didn’t know if she could be a mother to an adopted child and she struggled with it. Then her little dog became pregnant. (not sure if the little dog lost the puppy or it was a pseudo pregnancy) anyway, the day the dog was to deliver, she (the dog) went into another room and just started barking. Ellen followed her and finally figured out that it was a little stuffed tiger on the top shelf that she wanted. Ellen gave have her the little tiger and her dog nursed it and took care of it for almost two weeks as if it was her own. Ellen was like, OKAY, I get it!!! She would be able to love a child. She then looked up Mother in the dictionary and the first thing she read was that it was a verb; to mother and once you did that, you could become a noun…A Mother.

Loved her story

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Nice Stephe

I love stories like this. It always warms my heart to hear stories like this. Thanks for sharing.

Susan R

Lindsey said...

Awesome story..very heart warming..reminds me of what my family has been through and one of my favorite sayings...EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON!!! Thanks Stephe for posting this, we need to see more stories like this one!

~Lindsey

Wanda, Geoff and Lexi said...

Oh Stephe, this story gave me chills. Thanks for sharing it.

Wanda

Calico Sky said...

I just came to your site via Shana's. What a lovely post, brought tears to my eyes. I am just starting the adoption process and love to read these wonderful stories!

Related Posts with Thumbnails