Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thanks

Thanks everyone for all your kind comments. I'm so glad many of you that have posted. This will be great to look back on. So, make sure when I finally post G's photo that you post then too because it's going in her scrapbook!
Thinking about this process in 2004, Finding a singles spot (8% Quota) on the day of my Birthday, April 2005, starting the paperchase in July 2005, to being DTC in December 2005, to being LID in February 2006 then 32+ months later... we'll... I'm feeling more disbelief, denial and anxious more than anything. It's like I'll believe it when I ACTUALLY GET THE CALL and see her chubby little face. Excited yes, but I do most of that all inside. Waiting so long can play tricks on your mind. I'm sure some of you know how I feel. Did anyone feel this way? It's okay if you didn't, I know I'm wierd and process things a little differently!
Anyway, looks like NEXT WEEK will be the week!! Please come back and see my daughter and leave some comments!!! We LOVE them!!! They are GREATLY APPRECIATED! I might even be revealing G's new blog!
Okay, now I wanted to respond to some of the comments that were left of my "What am I forgetting Post"
Deb, Thanks for reminding me to breathe (lol) and being so excited!!

TimandKim, Thanks for the tips on the cue cards. They are in the works…as long as I don’t get a surprise call today. (doubtful) I’ll also do my nails. LOL.
I’m going to put my cell phone on speaker. I think that will work best! I also planned on scanning her pinyin name for the care package stuff, thanks for the reminder!

AG'smoma, girl, LOL, I’ve got the clothes thing covered but a girl can never have to many. Thanks for the tip and I’ll work on making sure they are all sorted and labeled before I leave for China!!!

Kiy, you are funny. I’m organized in my head and in my computer but girl, I’m the QUEEN OF CLUTTER. One day I’ll remember what color my carpet is!!! As far as “stuff” goes, if it doesn’t have a home it just moves from pile to pile. Oiy.

Ladybugsmom/Emily, I love your idea of videoing what you are feeling or journaling. I know though, that won’t happen for me. I just can’t see myself doing it…the journaling yes but not the video. Now, I will definitely take your advice of photographing everything the day you became a mom. Very cool. I like that. Thanks for that GREAT idea!!!

Shelle/Michelle, I’m glad you used my “call” sheet. You can’t imagine how many “the call” videos I’ve seen with my sheet being used. It’s like I was a little part of each one of their special days. Even my fellow Pandas email me links and let me see my sheet in action!!! It makes me happy that you liked it enough to use it! I’m definitely liking the Britax Marathon. I like the dark grey one. It matches the interior of my car…blends in. I don’t want my car seat to compare with her cuteness or adorable clothes!

Sheri, Thanks for the tip on the Finding Ad. I think I will also contact Brian Stuy for copies. I’ve heard good things. Thanks for this site… http://www.mandarintools.com/
The Hospital is just across the street from BabiesRUs and I just have to make an appointment and they instruct and install for free!! That’s what I plan to do. I have this link somewhere but now I don’t have to look for it. Thanks. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RaisingChinaChildren/links

K, How am I holding up?…I’m hanging in there. Too busy with work and last minute prep to be caught up in the moment. You wait long enough you tend to be in a state of denial. I’ll believe it when it happens, you know!

Kim, that’s cool you got to experience “the call” with your co-workers. I thought that is what I was going to do but have since changed my mind. I really want to video tape it and I won’t do that at work so I’m going with plan B. Oh and don’t worry, I think I’m going to be calling and posting simultaneously!!!!! I would NEVER forget my blogger buddies who have been some of my greatest supporters!!! Love all you girls! Oh, I didn’t know some agencies give you updated photos. Wow, I will look into that! Thanks.

Twice Blessed China Mom, Boy, you don’t need to tell me about LISTS. We're a lot alike in this area. Have you seen the list I have on my blog on the right side…”Things to Do While Waiting” I think I'm up to 130 on that but more on my new one. LOL. What’s even nuttier is that it’s twice as big now (not updated on blog) and divided into categories and subcategories!!! I think I have all the stuff posted, thanks, and I will go see a bunch of movies!!! Great Tip!!!

Kelley, I have a little bit of practice with the carseats but I am REALLY SLOW at it!! Just ask Brooke and Moorea!! LOL

Somewhere In The Sun/Lynn, Thanks for the information on the name translation and the great questions such as…what the meaning is? Is there a reason she was given that particular name? And to make sure I ask this while in CHINA!

Shelly & Jessa “Li Li, Thank for the tip on clothes and shoe sizes. I’m not sure I’m even going to take shoes over with me…just buy a bunch of squeaky shoes over there!
Hope I didn't forget anyone!!
Stay tuned....

2 comments:

Jen said...

I cannot wait! I will be checking to see your sweet girl :) Good luck!

K said...

I think I know what you mean about the denial and all the other emotions running around. I cannot believe how I feel just watching and reading your blog. You see, since beginning the process, your blog is the one I've followed the longest during the wait and now you are about to get your referral and see your child for the very first time so I'm finding myself feeling surprisingly anxious and extremely excited and have begun to wonder if this is a mini run through of what I'll feel when it's my turn. I feel a kinship with you, too, since we seem to have so much in common - the way we shop and how we organize it all, the style of your nursery (you gave me the idea of the chandelier and I think we have the same lamps), we are do-it-yourselfers, and, of course that we are single and becoming parents through China adoption.

I'm thinking of you all the time right now and will pray especially for you and your little girl at this time as your lives are about to intersect and change forever and ever!

Related Posts with Thumbnails