Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tornado!!

Just when I think my life is completely filled with drama...more tragedy strikes.

Central Florida was hit with its worst tornado in a decade. It has claimed the lives of 14 people so far and left many without their homes. Almost my entire family lives in Florida. My mom is in Key West, my father and stepmom live in The Villages and stepsister just outside of The Villages. My father and step mom's house was in the tornados path. Luckily for them, they were on the outskirts. They are ok but they lost part of their new addition. They had just completed the addition not too long ago. They said it was so unbelievably scary but they consider themselves so very lucky. Homes all around them were destroyed. Below are some of the photos of the homes in The Villages. My dad said he is going to take some photos and send me, so I will post more when I get them.


5 comments:

4D said...

Oh my goodness! I am glad that they are okay and I am so sad to hear that others are suffering.

Hope Pirate is doing okay after his surgery. Poor guy!

Keep smilin!

Lisa and Tate said...

SO sorry that things are going so crazy like!!! Pirate and now the Tornato!!! One good thing, WE ARE OUT OF THE REWIEV ROOM!!!! Yippeeeee and so very excited for this.... You will be in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Hugs
Lisa

Colleen said...

Oh my god Steph! I just watched that on the news. I have some family and friends down there too - but not in that direct area. I am so glad that your family is OK.

You so need a break of something good...

Pug Mama said...

oh my, so sorry

Abby's Mom said...

I'm glad your family are okay. My Dad lives in Land o Lakes FL and my Aunt and Uncle live un Deland Fl. They are okay as well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails