Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

One step forward, One step back

Pirate is still not feeling he's old self again. He's been living in my kitchen. I've hooked him up with a dog den with comfy blankets in it and another spot with my artic sleeping bag. (boy is that warm) Lately he's been favoring my sleeping bag.

He's having some problems walking and was back to the hospital he went. His meds have been changed again and his stitches are now out. The incision in his urethra has closed up nicely. (who would have thought). I am now also weening him to a new special food that I have to purchase at the vets. Cha-ching. They determined the stone was a Calcium Oxalate (the bad kind) and he has a 50% chances of them reoccuring. He's only 8 so that means we could potentionally have lots more surgeries. Ugh! Poor little guy. They even presented me with this photo of the stone that they analyzed. Gosh, couldn't NOT post that!!!

3 comments:

LedaP said...

Hope he gets feeling better soon! Poor little guy!

Colleen said...

Poor little Pirate. Sending smooches.

Anonymous said...

My little guy had to have calcium oxalate stones removed from his bladder a few years ago. The vet put him on a prescription diet, Royal Canin Urinary SO for the rest of his life. Since the pet food recall I have become increasingly uncomfortable with commercial pet food, (even some prescription diets have been recalled), and have been looking for alternatives. You might want to consider joining this group that is dedicated to dogs with oxalate & struvite stones and kidney problems: K9Kidneydiet. Membership can be gained through this link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/K9KidneyDiet/ You will most definitely learn something. Good Luck!

Related Posts with Thumbnails