Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

HELP - UPDATE

****UPDATE****
OMG chloesmama, you are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe I might actually find this book. You have NO IDEA how EXCITED I am. I'll try to hit Borders this weekend and pick up these books!!! I REALLY, REALLY appreciated you finding this for me. You can't believe how happy I am right now!! (I'm pretty sure it's the five brothers book) YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*******
Okay, I need your help finding a childrens book. (this is a wierd one) When I was young, maybe 4th or 5th grade, we read a book in class. I fell in LOVE with it. I don't know the title or the author...but I've been casually looking for it for some 20+ years. Maybe someone out there know the book I'm talking about????
Okay, so it has an Asian flare with pagodas and stuff and a young boy and his grandfather. The jist was how the young boy wished the sea away and what was left was all the riches it left.
It was soooo long ago and I might have some facts mixed up. The part of the sea going away and the riches left behind are the premise.
Can anyone help or know of a resource that might be able to help me? Thanks. : )

3 comments:

Kelley said...

"The Five Chinese Brothers" is about a young boy who watches five brothers go out to sea each day and catch a whole lot of fish, and he desperately wants to go, too. He finally gets to go, and he sees the first Chinese brother swallow the sea. He gets to run and collect all of the revealed treasures of the sea. The other brothers have talents, too...it's a great story. Could that be the one that you mean? "Tikki Tikki Tembo" is a story with two Chinese brothers and an old man. The brothers fall into the well (not at the same time), and the old man has to save them. That's a good one, too!

Not sure if I helped or not...I hope so. Happy hunting!

Unknown said...

Wow talk about a flash back. I remember both of these books "The Five Chinese Brothers" & Tikki Tikki Tembo. I loved reading them over and over as a child.
Donna

Kelley said...

Glad to help! I LOVE books--Chloe has a ton of them all over the house. How could you ever have too many, though? My kindergartners love "The Five Chinese Brothers." I read it to them every year. Two years ago, I discovered "The Seven Chinese Sisters," and that's a fun one, too. I collect good Chinese stories for Chloe. :) Happy shopping!

Related Posts with Thumbnails