Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Gingle Bracelets

I really, really, really want some of these for Giorgi!
Someone had told me about the tradition of placing a silver bell ankle bracelet on babies when they begin to crawl. I, also, was told it was to ward off evil spirits...and to help you know where your mobile child is now "crawling" to. While in China, I really want to get one of these. I would love Giorgia to wear it on her ankles or wrists! When she gets older, I will put it in her memento box. It’ll be one on the many little special gifts that I make sure I come home from China with.

(I just love the writing on the inside of the bangles above)

I heard that some parents little one’s tend to not want to wear them so then attached them to the stroller with a pacifier clip and the little ones just loved playing with them. Great way to NOT LOSE them while in China.

(The photo below is kind of the concept but these anklets are not the Chinese ones.)

13 comments:

bbmomof2boys said...

Those are so pretty!! I want one for Little T too!! Thanks for telling us about it.

~Carla

Donna said...

I have one of these for Lauren already! Nancy & Brian brought one back from their trip. It's so sweet with the little "bells" on it.

Donna :)

Eliza2006 said...

Eliza's orphanage director gave her 2 of these bracelets as a gift and a momento of her time in Chifeng. What a special keepsake!

Tiffany

Polar Bear said...

I have never seen anything like that before. They are adorable.
I think I will put them on my list!

Thanks for sharing!

Ava's family said...

I have never heard of those before. I need to add those to my shopping list! Too cute!

Abby's Mom said...

Me Too! Do you know who sells them?

Jennifer said...

I LOVE these! I want to get some for our Malia to wear. What a cute idea. I'll be sure to look for these in China. What a great keepsake idea!

Julie said...

very cool! If I was a baby I would want some!! :o)

TK said...

We bought one for our daughter. The writing in on the outside and they say different things. I asked the shop owner what the different ones said and picked one that I wanted that meant something special for our daughter. Now, of course, I can't remember what it said. I'll have to get someone to read it for me.
I think they are pretty and sweet and look just precious on the girls. You can find many in Guangzhou, which is where we bought our's. They usually come in a tiny fabric pouch.

dawn said...

Stephe,
we bought one for Lily at the White Swan. They are available all over the place but the ones there were really nice quality. In the book The White Swan Express, they mention them and that is where I heard of them first. That book is wonderful as it tells about all of us going to China to adopt our little ones and staying at the White Swan.(its for kiddies)

Shannon said...

Oooh, thanks (as usual) for the info!!

The Red Thread Connection said...

You can get those at Jennifers which is near the White Swan and she also sells them online. Email me if you want her info
kyshumate@yahoo.com

LedaP said...

I bought two from A Gift From China charity shop. One said in Chinese, "clever and cute" and the other says "long life" "100 years" - be careful some shops have cheaper ones without the sayings on them. The ones with the sayings on them are cuter - here's the link - I bought lots of stuff from this shop while I was in China - including an awesome necklace that says in chinese "Mother and Daughter joined by the heart."
http://www.xjdesign.co.uk/agfcshop/eshop/shopindex.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails