Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Fun Day

Earlier today I got some bloodwork done! You know...medicals for my UPDATE!! Oh, so much fun. I have to say, these girls here know what they are doing!!! Of course, as long as they grab that pediatric needle!!!
Then off to get my HEP A & HEP B shot.
Then I go get my Baby Pirate.
Pirate is doing well! He made it through the SECOND surgery!
(These are the staples that are right along his pride and joy! Don't want to totally invade his privacy!)
It's just so sad that he had to go through it a second time. This is the second time that he's had to have a surgery redone. Both times "my vet" wasn't able to do the surgery but his partner was. Both times, "my vet" was able to redo what wasn't completely done the first times. See a pattern here! It seems whenever Pirate needs a surgery it's never one of those types that can be scheduled...Pirate prefers the "emergency" surgery route. Geesh. I do have to say that my vet didn't charge me for the actual 2nd surgery, but I still had to pay $282 for all the other stuff. Ironically this was still cheaper than the first surgery, even if he HAD charged me. Argh. Oh well, anything for my baby! :)


Look, I even got a bonus...his STONES!!


Aren't you glad I posted those!

Now, Pirate & I hit McDonalds for a cheeseburger for him. (just the patty and the doc said I could give him one) Anyway, because of the surgery, he is not in his usually puppy seatbelt so I am holding him. I don't prefer to drive this way...mostly for his safety. So, when we get to the drive thru window, he's all but crawling out of the car. (I'm thinkin' he feels just fine) Now we head home.

Okay, so I enter my development and WHAT????????????????
Don't see this everyday!


Interesting!

Now, I'm still rushing home because my SW is coming over for another home visit and stuff. Fun. She's a sweetheart but I'm still nervous. Now, some of you remember, the first home visit, when she arrived, Pirate scooted out the front door and took off down the road. So, I was like "help your self, I'll be right back". I had to go chase him down and bring him back. ARGH. Bad dog. But, it was a great ice breaker and I wasn't nervous after that.

So, I great my SW at the door and we reminisce about the last visit and I told her that there will be no great escapes this time due to the surgery. I had told her earlier about the surgery so she would know that I would have a sad puppy in advance. She wanted to see him and give him a little hug to feel better and so he thanked her by peeing on my carpet, accidentally. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! It's not his fault....it's totally a surgery thing. But seriously...ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! LOL. I couldn't yell at him, poor thing. I just cleaned it up really, really good as my SW was laughing at the situation. AAAHHH!

Anyway, All went well and my UPDATE is DONE!!! (exhale)

4 comments:

Polar Bear said...

I am so glad to see that Pirate is doing better. Those stones look nasty! Poor guy.

I have never seen mounted police on Clydesdale horses before. That is really cool.

We didn't have to redo our blood work ~ thank goodness. We just had a typical form for the doctor to re-do. We were going to start our shots, but didn't. I guess we better get on that.

I am really happy for Pirate. He at least gives the SW a memorable visit. :)

Jennifer said...

Yeah! I'm so glad little Pirate is doing well. Poor guy. So, what's up with the police on horses? Bet that was a sight!

Abby's Mom said...

Poor Pirate! But really anything for his Mommy. He was just trying to break the ice for you again :)

Glad your update is out of the way. I haven't started my shots yet. Guess I better get cracking!

Donna said...

At least he didn't pee on the Social Worker!!! ha,ha,ha

I'm glad that Pirate is doing well. I sure hope that stone looks much bigger in the photo than it actually is. I can't imagine that thing coming out of Pirate's little body. Poor baby!

Hey, did you ever find out why the mounted patrol was in your neighborhood? That would be quite a site!

Donna :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails