Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Brown Envelope

Well, Friday the 13th was good for more than just DTC...I received the mysterious Brown Envelope! Although I can't remember if I am allowed to open it?

The "Brown Envelope" is from the US Consulate General Guangzhou, it is a letter and paper work stating that INS has notified the American Consulate in Guangzhou that have you have been approved to adopt an orphan from overseas. In other words they are authorized to process your child's case as soon as the adoption is finalized in Guangzhou. That is in a nut shell, they also send forms to fill out. Not everyone will receive the "Brown Envelope" and I am not sure how it is decided who gets them or who doesn't. I do know that if you do not receive one that the agency will provide all of the information at the time of your referral.

3 comments:

Sylvie said...

Congratulations. I know it feels great to be that much closer to your little girl coming home. Good Luck.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and I just wanted to congratulate you on being DTC. I have enjoyed reading. It has brought back so many memories of the excitement of the paperchase and the wait. It only gets better! ;)

Sheri Nash
dd-Sheridan almost 2
AHH

TK said...

yes you can open it, just don't fill anything out. Call your agency with your number on there. It starts with GUZ I think. Or GZ.

Related Posts with Thumbnails