Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

East Meets West Conference

There was an East Meets West Conference this past weekend in Baltimore. I found out that the guest speaker was Director Huang from my daughters SWI. How cool is that! He flew all the way from China to speak at this conference...how could we not go! G was fairly good while he was speaking, she kept me very busy.

We (Director Huang and I) spoke briefly before the conference and he got to see G again. We did not have a translator so I did my best to communicate. During the Q & A part of the conference no one was really asking any questions so I raised my hand and said that I just wanted to say Thank You and introduce G who had just come home in January and to vouch for everything that was said...my girl was very well taken care of and I just wanted to Thank him. Snow Wu translated and we got the most endearing smile. A smile that needs no translation. I'm glad I went!
G and I also got to meet Kelly, her husband and one of her daughters Katie! She is just the cutest. It was a glimpse of G in 4 years. I tell you, all these YD girls sort of look a like and of course, they are all B*E*A*U*T*I*F*U*L! We also met so many waiting parents!! Seem they all needed a baby fix and G was just the girl to do it. I was glad to finally be on the "other" side of IA this time. I wish I had more time to chat with everyone! I have to say it's funny/great/crazy that I had more people come up to me and were like "Hi Stephe, I read your blog!" The best was when I happen to glance over at a table behind me and a woman waved and then lifted up her notebook for me to read... "I READ YOUR BLOG"!!! LOL, classic, that was GREAT! (now if you are reading this, you MUST comment!!) Gotta love the blog world. Anybody waiting feel free to email me if you have any questions. I can't promise you my way is the right way but it's what works for us!!! Plus it will give me something to blog about other than just posting photos. Yeah, kind of in a rut...just mesmerized by my daughters beauty I guess. LOL.

8 comments:

Abby's Mom said...

How about a post on how you and G are adjusting? Tips ect... :)

Kelley said...

So funny! I saw the pictures before I read the post, and thought, "WOW--that little girl looks just like Katie from Kelly's blog." And then it was!!!

Little G is such a beauty!

Paula said...

Isn't it awesome when you get to show the SWI staff how great our kids are doing and have a chance to say thank you? The director and some other staff from Jess's SWI came to the US for a visit last year and we had the opportunity to meet up with them.

the mommy said...

I am so glad you went and enjoyed yourself. It is wonderful being on this side of the wait isn't it?

Hugs
Susan

Joanna B said...

Hi Stephe! I love reading your blog, it has been one of my favorites during our wait. Do you have any tips on what you would do different during the wait, or what you wish you would have done more of? Also, where do you get G's adorable clothes?

Shannon said...

Very cool! Such a small world. Great that you were able to attend-and with the SWI director there-wow! Great picture of you, G and friend K!

Truly Blessed said...

I read your blog!

So glad we had a chance to meet and let the girls meet last weekend.

Kelly & Katie

Cyndi said...

That was ME that sent you the notebook message "I read your blog!" Too funny! I so wanted to hang around and talk with you and meet G in person, but you guys were swamped with other folks and I needed to get home to my daughter. I'll have to send you a picture....she would absolutely LOVE Giorgia, who is even cuter in person, if that's possible! Would love the chance to meet again...such a small world.

Related Posts with Thumbnails