Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

MUSTS for China

This will probably be one of those posts that I am constantly updating as I think of things I want to add. It's going to be all about the things I was SO GLAD that I brought with me to China!
Bernadette gave me her One Step Ahead Baby Carrier for China. Thank you. I had purchased the Ultimate Baby Wrap and the Hip Hammock. I felt the Hip Hammock would be better for an older child and I worried about G slipping out. The Ultimate Wrap was just sooo much fabric and I thought it would take me 20 minutes to get it on! Then Bernadette shows me hers and it was perfect. It's compact, super easy to put on and felt extremely secure. That was the one. On another note, there are LOTS of steps in China and no ramps or elevators. So, while strollers are nice, they are a pain at a lot of places. I have to say that the absolutely MUST place to have the baby carrier is when boarding the plane. Put the baby in the carrier, check the stroller, put on the backpack and push babies carryon in front of you and pull your carryon on behind you. (Practice THAT!! LOL)

Formula One Shot Bags
"Save money, save space in your diaper bag! Our single-serving formula bags cost a fraction of manufacturer's pre-packaged servings — and you can fill them with any brand of formula. Unlike bulky dispensers, they travel virtually flat! With a zip-closed seal, quick tear-off bottom, and easy-to-pour funnel shape. Holds enough powdered formula to make up to an 8 oz bottle. Pre-sterilized. Take up remarkably little diaper bag space. Includes write-on label strip; you can personalize with your child's name (ideal for day care)." (looks like they are unavailable on most websites right now!! I hope they don't stop making them...I NEED MORE!!!)


I took Playtex Bottles with the liners. I actually used Walmart Generic liners that fit the Playtex bottles. (cheaper) I loved these for China. Before I left I heard a lot of IA parents complaining about them leaking. I thought they just didn't know how to use them properly. I made my first bottle at Gotcha and it leaked everywhere! I knew exactly what they were talking about. The next day I realized what I was doing wrong. (not properly matching the lines up when putting on the liner.) Once I figured out how to do this they NEVER leaked. It was perfect. They pack so much nicer than the "Drop Ins". However, I did not bring enough liners. I thought I brought 100. Anyway, Donna came to my rescue and gave me a whole bunch of the Drop Ins. You know, the ones I didn't want to bring but had never used. Boy, are they AWESOME! I am using the drop ins now that I am home. (actually the generic ones from Target.) Thanks Donna. To do it all over again I still think I would bring the flat liners as they save so much room in the packing but wow, the drop ins are great!!!




Here are the Drop Ins and a Thermos is a must also.


2 comments:

A Crystal Garden said...

Hi Stephe,

Did you get our little gift for G?

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephe,

I have been visiting your blog every other day and I have been concerned about the entry where Georgia has testing...Is everything alright?


Diane and John

Related Posts with Thumbnails