Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Mom's 60th Birthday Dinner

How do you throw a suprise dinner for your mom at your house when she's in from out of town and staying with you? Answer: VERY QUICKLY.

My mom was home from Key West for her Birthday so I decided to gather her best friends and give her a dinner. So the day of her birthday, we did some shopping and I was trying to get her to take a nap since she was exhausted. It was a hour and twenty minutes before her friends would be their and NOTHING was done. Finally, I told her that I was making her present and she had to stay upstairs. So she took a shower and climed into bed for a nap. So, by this time I had 40 minutes to completely decorate and get ready. I then put her Birthday Dinner invitation in a frame and wrapped it up. Once I was done decorating, I called her down and gave her the gift. She thought I was just making the two of us dinner. I said nope...go get ready cause your best friends will be here in 20 minutes. Anyway it was successful except for the broccoli. (nightmare) I did tell them though... I was only responsible for presentation not quality! lol.


(Invitation Designed by Me)

The Girls.


Decorations by Me (ECGirls, recognize?)




Chocolate Cake, Salmon, Broccoli, Mash Potatos and a Citrus Reduction. (also some apps)


9 comments:

4D said...

Happy Birthday! What a lovely lady.

Keep smilin!

Polar Bear said...

Wow! That is gorgeous! I can't imagine what you would throw together if you had more than 40 minutes. I'm impressed. Very beautiful!

Happy Birthday!!

Susan said...

Stephe, That is beautiful I would recognize that table anywhere. Your mom is Beautiful! Just like you.

Susan R

Donna said...

Wow, your mom looks gorgeous...it's hard to believe she's 60!

You did a beautiful job on everything from the invitation to that really yummy looking chocolate cake dessert!

Donna :)

Mammarazzi Madness said...

Beautiful party. Beuatiful Lady!
Glad I found your page. It's lovely. I'll be sure to visit again:)
Andrea
Canada

Anonymous said...

Stephe, You did a beautiful job and I'm sure your mom loved every minute of it! I love the invite!

Nona said...

You are so talented! I just love reading (looking at the picturess too!) your blog!

Nona
www.babysites.com/sites/mccormick2/

S and H said...

Stephe, I see where you get your beauty!! What a nice suprise for your mother!! You are so talented!!

Christie said...

Wow! Beautiful party - you have an amazing talent for decor - wow! And the food looks marvelous. Meanwhile, your mom is gorgeous!

Cheers!

cb

Related Posts with Thumbnails