Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Pronunciation

I've been asked this question again so I thought I would repost...
Just an FYI if anyone was unsure. Giorgia Danette is pronounced Georgia Dannay. (Please DO NOT COMMENT that I pronounce my/or my daughters middle name INCORRECTLY! YOU THINK YOU ARE BEING HELPFUL BUT YOU ARE NOT! I PLAN TO CONTINUE PRONOUCING IT THE WAY I HAVE FOR 38 YEARS) Sorry, I've been bombarded with rude emails. Anyway, I have always loved the name Georgia/Giorgia and wanted a name where I loved the nickname. I am hoping that the nickname with either be Gigi or Giorgi. I wanted to give my daughter a special piece of me, so I chose my middle name, Danette, for her first middle name. My mother picked that out for me and I want to pass it on. I am thinking about keeping my daughters Chinese name as her second middle name. And of course, since I am single, my daughter will then take my last name, which obviously comes from my father.

I am still contemplating, maybe, not using my daughters Chinese name as her second middle name. I realize that there is a lot of controversy about not keeping my daughters Chinese name, but have not totally decided yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephe
I was wondering how to pronounce this name...Thanks for clarifying!!!

Lisa and Tate

Julie said...

Do you know what language or heritage it is from? In English or French it would be pronounced like it sounds ... just curious! I love exotic name like that! We are naming our daughter Naomi - the English way, but here in Quebec people will always say/write NoƩmie.

Kim M. said...

Stephe,
I love your daughter's name. The best part about using or not using the Chinese name is that it is your decision and no one elses. Do what you feel in your heart is best.

Side note....thanks for your comment on my blog. I never thought about how you might be in the same boat as us. I haven't been back to any meetings either. I figure I'll just use all of you (bloggers)as my sounding board. Much safer I think.

Related Posts with Thumbnails