Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Pirate's Not Happy

Pirate is not happy! He is off to the vet to get his teeth cleaned. No food and No water since 8 last night. Boy, he was mad this morning, he wouldn't even let me brush his hair. I'm nervous, I hope all goes well. It's the whole anesthesia thing that worries me. You know how it is with the smaller pets. Sad. He better have some pearly whites when I see him a 4!!! :)

***UPDATE***
Pirate is out of surgery and is doing fine. He had a massive infection and they had to take out 6 teeth. Poor Baby. Good thing he isn't into chewing food. Pirate has a bad habit of just swallowing his food. I believe he gets no enjoyment out of it what so ever...he eats only to function. Gee, I wish that would rub off on me!

4 comments:

janetlynn said...

Poor little Pirate. I need to take Cannolli in for the same thing, but I am also afraid of the anesthesia. Glad to know he is OK.
How old is Pirate and is this the first time for the teeth cleaning? I haven't done it yet and I know I need to because they do tend to have problems with their teeth.

Donna said...

Glad Pirate is doing well. I also hate it when my furbabies have to go under for a procedure. My greyhound, Addy, is too old and in too poor of health for that at this point so her teeth won't be getting cleaned anymore. Although, that's the least of her problems these days.

My Lucy is due for a teeth cleaning, but I can't bear to bring her in. I need to just do it and schedule the appointment...it's been over a year now and I know it has to be done.

By the way, where did you get the doggie seat belt? Pirate looks so cute sitting there with his buckle on.

Donna :)

Pug Mama said...

First of all, the is the cutest dog!!!
Second, my G.S. Zeus had to go under to get his teeth cleaned. It went horrible. It took him almost 2 days to "snap out of it" He could hardly walk out of the house to go potty. I was scared that first night that he wouldn't wake up the next morning.

Polar Bear said...

I'm glad Pirate is doing better. When my Miranda went in for dental cleaning I was a basket case. She always came home as though nothing happened and was upset I would not feed her dinner that night. (she lost three teeth one time and four the next cleaning) She also didn't chew, she inhaled.

I love your blog. It was one of first ones I found back in March. I hope you don't mind if I link to it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails