Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Exchanging Money

Exchanging money is SUPER easy if you do it the right way.
Make sure your US dollars are CRISP. Go to the hotel Lobby in the morning and ask to exchange. For a typical day, I would take a crisp $100 and get that exchanged. It was my way of pacing myself. What I didn't spend could roll over to the next day. I tend to go a little overboard with the shopping. I did all but one exchange at the hotel. They might not understand everything you say but they understand 'exhange", expected crisp money and sometimes you have to sign for the exchange...but not always...not sure about that. The Victory has a limit on the $ they can exchange per day. If you show up at 7pm...they might be all out. Best BET...always exchange bright and early. Now, my daughter was adopted in Guangzhou and I was told my donation would be accepted in US dollars. There I stood with my new daughter in my arms attempting to hand them our donation in US dollars and they refused. It needed to be exchanged. There is a bank of the first floor of the building we were in. It took our group ALMOST TWO HOURS to get their exchange...and two hours only because rumor had it that our guide went down and flipped out in the bank. Then...my best friend who took my money went last because she wanted the men to be able to get up their with their new children...she figured I would understand (I did, completely) anyway. After then men left, they decided to deny her money. Once again, we had to go get our guide...my friend REFUSED to leave the cash window...she's a stubborn little blonde girl...funny when you look back...painful when you relive it. This could have ALL BEEN AVOIDED. Banks take a HORRENDOUS amount of time. I don't know what the solution is to the donation exchange... just do it ahead of time so you can focus on your child on THAT DAY!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails