Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Don't buy GIFTS at Target

Target has a new return policy. As of the first of the year, if you do not have a receipt for your purchase, you cannot return, exchange or get a store credit for items over $25!!!! No if's, and's or but's!!!

Target policy states if you do not have a receipt you can only receive up to twenty dollars, twice a year, on your drivers license.

DO NOT REGISTER at Target for gift items, you wil be stuck with 16 pacifiers and any non-working or broken items are yours to keep. WHAT A WASTE!!!
(must give props to Susan R for alerting me on this particular matter...she unfortunately found out the hard way after receiving many duplicates at her baby shower!)

8 comments:

the mommy said...

I just had this very problem yesterday at Target. We were trying to return a gift from our shower that Sophia will be too big for. We did not get a gift receipt so we were out of luck.. It SUCKS

Never again would I register at Target..

the mommy said...

I just had this very problem yesterday at Target. We were trying to return a gift from our shower that Sophia will be too big for. We did not get a gift receipt so we were out of luck.. It SUCKS

Never again would I register at Target..

kitchu said...

I'm registering through Amazon, makes it easy for people to buy plus you can get way way different stuff from books to that wonderful little digital video camera I'm dying for and baby stuff, all rolled into one.

Kim said...

Wow...I did not know this. I've always shopped at Target - easy to get to at during lunch break from work. Thanks Stephe!

Lisa said...

Oh nooo! I am glad you posted this and hope people heed your warning. I had a terrible time when we came back from China... stuff didn't fit oh and tons of duplicates!! What they didn't take back, I took to Wal-Mart! heh..... :)

Alyson and Ford said...

I always include the gift receipt with gifts (no mater where I purchase); so it still works as long as you have the receipt, right?
This policy is great compared to Stein Mart. I refuse to shop there as they only return to you the value of the item if it was still in the store and at the discounted/sale price.
So after 30 days, (even with a receipt!!), you will only be refunded what it is currently selling for! I took back a piece of clothing that I purchased for $29.99 and was returned less that $18 dollars as it was after 30 days and the item was now on sale. I used to give lots of gifts from there, but most people would be hard pressed to return something that I bought a week in advance of their birthday, mailed it to them, and then have them return it in 30 days.

Alyson LID 01/27/06

Kiy said...

Ouch, that's good info to have!

S and H said...

Stephe, I heard this from someone at work. That is why I registered at Wal-mart and BRus. So sorry Susan!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails