Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

My Problems... CLUTTER

SAVING TOO MUCH FOR TOO LONG
Sometimes people save things "just in case." A good rule of thumb is: If you haven’t used an item in a year or two, let it go.
(Easier said than done. ~Stephe)
PROCRASTINATION
Let your mantra be: Do it NOW!
Deal with things promptly while the task is still easy.
MAINTENANCE is much easier done in small doses.
(Easier said than done. ~Stephe)

INDECISION
This is a subset of procrastination. If a person is unsure of what action to take, they DELAY.
Try setting a DEADLINE. If the task isn’t completed by the deadline, it indicates a lack of interest.
(Deadline's do help. My deadline was my referral at "6 months" Ha. Ha. So 24 months later...FULL BLOWN PROCRASTINATION ~Stephe)

EXCESSIVE CONSUMERISM
Every day, there is a full scale assault on each and every one of us to BUY.
It’s easy to fall VICTIM to advertising.
As Will Rogers said: "Quit buying things you do not need, with money you do not have, to impress people you do not like."
(I know for sure that I don't buy to impress people... ~Stephe)

IMPULSE PURCHASES
It’s easier to avoid making unplanned purchases if you isolate your personal TRIGGER.
When shopping, pay attention to your MOODS.
(I only go shopping when I'm in the MOOD for shopping...see my dilema? ~Stephe)

NOT HAVING A PLACE FOR THINGS
Use the one-in-one-out rule. Which simply means if you bring something into the house, you need to take something else OUT. Once you’ve decided what will stay, give every single item that you own a place to REST. If it doesn’t have a place, it will end up resting on a counter somewhere, or under a pile in the corner. Create a specific place that is easily accessible for all of your possessions.
(I NEED a bigger house to do this! Trust me, if it has a home, I can put it away otherwise it goes from pile, to pile to pile!!!~Stephe)
I still have a lot of work to do! It's a slow process. I'm willing to take anyone's advice at this point!

This were some highlights from this article, here.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Saw this sign once and loved it, 'Procrastinator's Meeting Postponed.' LOL!

Good ideas here...now to implement them. Learned a good phrase from a friend last month and am trying to use it....Touch it once. Once it's in my hand it goes to where it will stay. Works pretty well...when I follow it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails