Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

My China Diaper Backpack

Well, my new yahoo group just finished with their first challenge...and they ALL did FANTASTIC! It's been lots of fun. Here is my challenge post...My diaper Backpack. Yeah, it's kind of obnoxious but it'll only be a couple weeks of obnoxiousness! And for those of you that think I am just the most organized person ever...NOT...only with a few things. You should see my house...it's a disorganized mess. (I'm not even kidding a little bit, seriously) So, here is my diaper backpack. Can you believe so much stuff can fit in one bag? Plus, there is actually room for more. But it does look slightly obnoxious. I've been home sick, on meds and laying around the house all day. So, my laptop has been my best friend! :)

click on any photos to enlarge

I'm not sure if I'm definately bringing a voice recorder but it fit nicely in the side pocket so it staying for now. I found these 4x6 clear zipper pouches at WalMart for $1.97 and decided to make little kits. Whatever the "kit" was, I had to find items that would fit into it instead of finding a container to fit them. It force me to scale down...both in size and volume. I will have to refill my backpack on a daily basis and will pack that stuff in the checked bag.

Yes, I know...but I HAVE to have my makeup. I still have to add mascara, eyeliner & shadow, and lipstick. ALL makeup that I will be bringing will be in this little 4x6 pouch. Same goes for my mini office kit.

Still will be adding some meds to this med kit. Of course I needed some little hair accessories. Oh, and you gotta have one of those plastic diapers.

Baby Meds...more to come. Waiting til referral to purchase these due to expiration dates. Clothing includes one sleeper, dress, hat, socks and onsies.

The feeding kit is kinda big and empty. Waiting til referral. Thermos & baby blanket are not shown. Last but not least is the misc pouch.

10 comments:

Donna said...

That is truly amazing...I'm in total admiration of your organizational skills!

Angela said...

As always...I bow to the queen of organization!!
I love how prepared you are Stephe!!

Angela :)

Unknown said...

you are awesome

Donna said...

I can't believe you fit all this stuff in the bag!! You are going to be the most prepared one in our travel group. Don't be surprised when everyone is looking for you when they need something! ;)

I haven't even started thinking about this stuff yet. Maybe when the CCAA can kick out more than four days worth of referrals I can get myself motivated!

Donna :)

TK said...

Looks great!
I will caution you ahead of time, ANYTHING that is of liquid, be it bubbles, medicine, etc. put it in an individual ziploc bag. We had a bottle of teething tablets in a bag with other baby meds. One of the bottles leaked and it got all in the teething tablets. Had to throw them away. I'm now a stickler for putting anything that might leak at all in it's own bag. You can get the snack size bags for small things. I even have things in my purse in little snack ziploc bags.
You look well prepared.

Stephe said...

Thanks Kim. I got the coolest TSA approved thing for my liquids. Once everything gets sorted, I'll put the highest priority stuff in that bag and the rest I'll check. I'm a crazy double bagger with liquid stuff too! I swear by a double freezer bag!! lol. I will have to remember to bring snack bags. Thanks for reminding me! :)

park it said...

Since I am totally organized in all things...
I have to laugh at your packing kits - great idea - but really loose the makeup -except for maybe lipstick/powder (other than what you may leave in the room) - Here is my suggestion - pack up your cute bag - now add 20 lbs of sugar to it - now walk around for appx 8 hours - now try to pretend to change a diaper on a moving bus - as well as find you a snack - then you will really regroup the kits - I am saying - yes - take them - just not to carry around with you on a daily basis...remember - people in your travel group will have alot of the normal stuff - focus on the meds you can't get - like pink eye medicine - sinus infection/ear infection meds - and yes - ziploc all items - you can always use the little bags for trinkets you buy - or to keep receipts for your scrapbook etc in.
Good luck - Carol
who came homw with the most perfect daughter Dec 2005 - she will be 3 in Oct - WOW!!!

park it said...

oh yes - one more thing - leave 3/4 of the toys at home - REALLY - if you have a child under 2 - they will play with everything - K was entertained with the water in my water bottle for a long time!
Carol

Alyson and Ford said...

Wow, how wonderful. I shall be stealing all your great ideas. My folder of travel "hints" is getting huge but love learning from you all. Thank you!

Yes, we have used only one backpack each for our prior trips to Europe so understand economy packing. My DH says one backpack or no traveling with him!

Alyson
LID 01/27/06

Unknown said...

Wow! Your pictures brings back many fond memories. The most organized packing that I have ever done in my life was for our China trip. I've never topped it since.

We'll celebrate our Forever Family Day later this month. 4 years ago this week we were madly packing and repacking everything about a thousand times waiting for our TA.

I hope you don't mind but I recommend Baby Orajel Swabs to tote with you if your little one is teething. They are small and compact and come in a plastic case just slightly larger than a credit card. When needed on the go the swabs can be snapped open on one end and the just the right dosage of gel drops into the other end of the swab which can be dabbed directly on the gums.

I also recommend a baby medicine syringe over the medicine dropper. The medicine dropper requires that you keep the bulb pinched between your finger and thumb in order to dispense it. If your little one is not in the mood for medicine you may end up with more of it all over you and the baby then where it actually needs to be. I know this from first hand experience. You can find an online example of a style that worked for us if you use Google for "The First Years American Red Cross 6-pc. Deluxe Health Kit". Our now independent 4 and 3/4 year old still prefers the syringe method over spoons, cups and eyedroppers.

You may also want to consider carrying a small nail file and baby nail clippers. When we met our daughter her fingernails were long and her long toenails were cracked. As she wasn't willing to have them trimmed while awake we were often able to take care of her nails as she was sleeping when we were enroute from one location to the next. You'd be surprised how quickly a little ones nails seem to grow. We continued to use this method after we were home. Keeping a spare pair of baby nail clippers and a file in the car when she fell asleep and was safely strapped in.

Don't forget to pack a large bottle of alcohol gel in your checked baggage to replenish your travel bottle on a loop. This stuff was like liquid gold for our travel group on our trip as we were often faced with bathroom facilities that didn't have adequate soap, water and paper towels. Wipes just don't equal the ease of being able to use a dollop of gel, wash hands and go.

Safe journey and good luck!

Related Posts with Thumbnails