Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

How much is She going to cost?

Are you kidding me? I AM NOT BUYING A BABY!!!!

I am adopting a child from China. I expect to receive a girl, as that is the gender I requested. I expect her to be between 6-18 months old. Yes, there is cost associated with adoption and these costs can add up quickly. The average Chinese adoption usually ranges in cost from 16,000-26,000 dollars (and rising due to the extended wait times). These are just some of the things I have paid for so far: Home study,, State background check, FBI background check, fees for copies, birth certificates, BCIS (homeland security) fees, adoption agency fees, postage, cost of having several documents notarized, certified (by the state and US) and authenticated, Fed-Ex fees to send these papers back and forth to Washington and the state capitol. Plus, due to the extended wait time I will have to pay for two more Homestudy Updates, 2 more medical visits, 2 more Fingerprintings, 2 more USCIS renewals, travel time for these and missed work. This is just the US fees! Than I have airfare, hotels and guide fees. (Because of the outrageous price of gas, the airfares are skyrocketing.) Once I receive my daughter I have to complete the process in China (just as you would have to in the US) then I have Chinese notaries and translation fees. Than there is the big 3000.00 dollar orphanage donation, which is now being raised to $5,000. Out of a possible 26,000 dollars only 5000.00 dollars goes to the orphanage and $1500 goes to China process fees and paperwork & visas. Some people really question the orphanage donation but if you really think about it we are only paying for the care, clothing, food, water, heat, diapers, medical care...... that they have given my daughter. They will use this money to continue to care for the thousands of babies left in the orphanage. Here in the state where I reside, one year of daycare only cost just over $11,400. I don't think $5,000.00 is much of a donation for the time that she has been waiting in an orphanage or foster care. My request to all who read this is to please think before they ask someone who is adopting "how much is she going to cost?" after all you would not ask a pregnant woman how much her baby is going to cost! So think before you pose that question to someone...that's all I'm asking. :)

4 comments:

Evelyn said...

LOL! I usually tell people it cost the same as a brand new Mercedes Benz. They open their eyes, and the conversation ends there.
Evelyn

Kay Bratt said...

Nice post. I hope that your orphanage will really use your donation to improve conditions and care for the children. We can only hand it over and pray that the kids will benefit from some of it.

Kay

Rebecca said...

Wow Stephe...just one of the MANY annoying questions answered very appropriatly! Can you address this one..."why did you go to China and not stay in the US..." That one is my all time fave! Keep hanging in there and know that there are MANY of us out here answering the same stuff EVERY DAY! Rebecca

mskajlc said...

I say the cost was about the same as if I had given birth to her, only insurance didn't cover it. I say this with a look on my face that conveys I CANT BELIEVE YOU JUST ASKED ME THAT YOU RUDE S.O.B.!

Now if someone is asking me sincerely how much the adoption PROCESS costs, then I will tell them. I will even break it down like you just did. But for someone to ask me what my DAUGHTER cost is downright rude.

Related Posts with Thumbnails