Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

CNY & DAYCARE

Well, we celebrated the Chinese New Year at G's school tonight! I came in a did a little thing with all the kids!!! (20 two year olds)

Here we are just after we were finished. G looks so cute in her Traditional outfit! (Thanks Bethany!)

When the kids woke up from their naps, we did snack time. I brought in Mandarin Oranges...


Fortune Cookies and Sesame Wheat Puffs.

Then I read them all a little book. Kai Lan's Chinese New Year! They all sat so great for the first half of the book and then I was losing them so I did one of those quick wrap ups after that!!!

Then it was coloring time. I formatted little coloring books from pages I found on the internet. They loved them!!

Sorry, can't share any of the group shots because I didn't get permission from all the parents.

Then I sent each one home with a little Chinese New Year Favor!


Included was a CNY info card, a CNY notepad, a Sesame Wheat Puff, Fortune cookie and a chocolate Gold Coin in a makeshift red envelope.


These were the goodies before I started the favors.

This was the card I threw together from images and text off the internet. I found this cute tiger for the front and I put a kiddie zodiac on the back.

Just some little facts I found so the parents knew what I had told the children and what the treat bag was for since no parents were there.

A couple lasts photos once we got home.

Overall...a SUCCESS!!

9 comments:

Evelyn said...

Great Job! I'm sure they all enjoyed it.

Wanda, Geoff and Lexi said...

Awesome job Stephe!

Sharon said...

You did a great job. I love the letter you sent home with to the parents. Can I steal that for next year?

Sharon

the mommy said...

FANTASTI! I love everything you did and plan to "steal" some of your ideas for next year.

Love it Love it you are such a great mom. :)

Hugs Susan

Deb said...

Do you ever sleep? Another awesome job!

the meaklims said...

That's fabulous Stephe! ...and it looks like the kiddies had a ball.

Good for you!

Oh and yes, Georgia looks adorable in her traditional outfit.

Jill

Angela said...

Oh my goodness Stephe ~ awesome job! and G looks so adorable!!

How on earth did you make those little coloring books? You are so freakin' smart!! I just printed off the full sized versions and sent those sheets in, this is WAY cooler!! (love that website!)

Angela (Ella's mom)
PS everyone loved Ella's Christmas ornaments you made...I will need to order more next year (if you do them again)...I think her Aunties were jealous that only her grandmothers got them!!

Ladybugsmom said...

I vote you Mom of the year...my goodness I took the coloring pages and dropped off the books...you went all out..love it!
Emily

Debbie and Sam said...

Any chance you would be willing to share your card via email. I am doing a lantern festival activity at my daughter's school on Thursday. I have treat bags but I love the idea of the card for the parents.

dsrsova@yahoo.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails