Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

A Poem

I came across a beautiful poem that I would like to share written by Robin Magaña
My sweet little baby,
How are you today?
I’m praying for you,
while you’re far, far away.

That you’re safe, and you’re warm
and there’s plenty to eat.
That someone is holding you closely.
That they feel your heart beat.

They say that there is
an invisible thread,
that may twist or tangle,
and the color is red.

This thread is what brings you
from where you might be.
To the ones that wait for you.
Your forever family.

I believe the thread is spun
with God’s grace up above.
He gives mommy’s like me
a sweet baby to love.

It begins up in heaven
and stretches down where you are.
It twists back up to heaven
and catches a star.

Then over the waters
of the deep blue sea.
The other end is wrapped firmly
around the heart of me.

It’s found in the stitches of
your quilt that I sew.
It’s weaved thru the dress waiting,
with the little red bow.

So I wait, so I wonder,
as my mind drifts away.
My sweet little baby,
How are you today?

By Robin Magaña ~10/2/05 ~ A mother anxiously waiting

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails